Fee Removal & Server Updates

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LuckyPrison, Apr 4, 2018.

By LuckyPrison on Apr 4, 2018 at 12:33 AM
  1. LuckyPrison

LuckyPrison Owner
    Staff Member Owner

Hello guys,

It's been a while since you've heard from me personally. This is a serious post in which I'll be discussing the previous business practices of LuckyPrison, and the future of LuckyPrison.

For part of last year and this year, LuckyPrison introduced a store membership fee -- this was designed to produce consistently high, stable revenue for the server so that we could compete with and outspend other servers for advertising. The fee was never meant to enrich the administration personally -- the vast majority of the revenue went back to advertising the server and fueling expansion. In our quest for expansion, we made some fatal errors. The business model we ended up picking was short-sighted and left a lot of people feeling burned. Although we operated with disclosures on the checkout page, in-game, in the terms of service, emailed users before ever billing them, and allowed for self-service cancellation, we still ended up with a lot of people that felt they were duped. This is regrettable, and I sincerely apologize for this.

In order to make things right, I have set aside money for a refund fund. We're offering full refunds to anyone who has not already obtained a refund, or disputed the charge. If you prefer disputing the charge, we can also refund you that way. If you were banned for the reasons of server hate or spam, we are granting a one-time exemption and unbanning all previously banned players. Additionally, we will be offering $25 of store credit to all affected users, as well as a free rank upgrade when we revert to our previous business model.

As for the future, we will be advertising heavily starting about two weeks from now. In addition to that, a whole host of updates will be released. The largest of these will be reverting to our old donor rank system (Stone Rank through Warden Rank) and reverting to our original pricing structure. We will also be adding a new PVP arena, updating the spawn, fixing duplication glitches, and fixing the in-game economy and prices.

Once again, I'd like to apologize to those affected by the membership fee, and stress that you can contact [email protected] about obtaining a refund. We hope that we can earn back your trust and continue providing you with a great in-game experience.

Thanks,
    Thugcrew

Comments

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by LuckyPrison, Apr 4, 2018.